Australia | Sydney
At Fox & Staniland we value efficiency, experience, and attention to detail. We aim to provide our clients with the best possible legal services.
What Sets Us Apart
We are committed to:
- Keeping you informed on the progress of your case or transaction.
- Explaining the entire relevant legal process to you in plain English, returning your calls and emails promptly and providing you with copies of all documents relating to your case or transaction.
- Providing you with superior legal knowledge backed by a wealth experience.
- Resolving your matter as cost effectively and pragmatically as possible.
- Maintaining our reputation as a centre for excellence in legal practice.
Fox & Staniland has its origins in the old city firm of Sillar & Maddison which was established many years ago. The founders were Ralph Sillar who lived in Pymble, and John Maddison who subsequently became the State Minister for Justice and Attorney General, and who lived at Wahroonga. David Fox and Richard Staniland became partners in Sillar & Maddison.
Shortly thereafter they opened a branch office of that firm at Gordon. In 1974, following the retirement of Ralph Sillar and John Maddison, the partnership was dissolved and David Fox and Richard Staniland continued the practice at Gordon under the new name of Fox & Staniland. The firm has grown since and is one of the largest legal firms in the Ku-ring-gai area.
Notwithstanding this growth we have maintained our emphasis on giving personal service to all our clients. In 2001 the firm moved from its original premises in the Gordon shopping centre to an office building located in Pymble’s Bridge Street business precinct.
In October 2014 Fox & Staniland lawyers became a company “Fox & Staniland Pty Limited” and expanded its premises to accommodate its growth.
After almost 20 years in Pymble, Fox & Staniland Lawyers returned to Gordon in January 2020, where the firm began almost 50 years ago.